- Log into your account and click the "Post a project" button and fill in your details. Your family history project is now posted on Genealogy Freelancers! You can edit your project details or extend the deadline from your "view my projects" page from your account at any time.
- You will be notified via email with any questions from potential bidders and each time a bid is placed. We also offer the PMB (private message board) which is a great tool to use for communication with each bidder.
- To award your job, go to your account and click on the "view my projects" link located in your account menu. Under the "open projects" heading, locate the job title then open the dropdown list of bidders associated with the project. Choose your Specialist then click "submit". Your project will now be "frozen" which will prevent any further bidding. An email will then be dispatched to your selected Specialist prompting them to formally accept the job. Once they have done so, you will each be notified of each others personal contact information and you and your genealogy Pro are free to start discovering your roots privately and outside of Genealogy Freelancers.
- To fund your account in order to pay for your project, click on the "fund my account" link found in your account menu then follow the prompts. Excess funds can be withdrawn at any time.
- To transfer funds into the account of your Specialist, click the "pay my specialist" link located in your account menu. You are free to transfer the funds directly, take advantage of our free escrow program or combine both of these options.
- When the job is complete, be sure to leave feedback for your Specialist. You can do so only after full payment has been made through the Genealogy Freelancers payment gateway. Once accomplished, a "rate" button will appear on your "view my projects" page.
Note: You may fund your account for free or choose an option which requires a very small fee.